11.23.2016

My work as a social carer

One of my favourite professional activities is social and child care. When i was living in Lisbon, the city where i was born, i also worked as a social and child carer and also entertainer and actress. On stage i perfomed various plays for children.
After a long period of economical crisis I decided with the support of my husband to travel to London where i also worked and lived as an aupair when i was studying theater during the sixties. Now i am living and working near Southampton (UK) and i am taking care of a lady that suffer from Parlinson disease.
I am a social carer certified and accredited by various British institutions.

I do a lot of work to give the best quality of life to my clients (which I also consider my family) and always try to apply all my experience as a painter and entertainer to help them to be more active, creative and happy, seeking to reveal their own potentialities in a natural way.
In this section of the blog I intend to talk about my work namely in the aforementioned area (art and craft as a therapy) and also show some of the artistic work done with my clients.
The results are, in many cases, absolutely amazing and positive both for me, human and artistically, as for my clients, who feel more involved and active which contributes largely to halt the progression of their disease.

Note: The names of the persons involved, except in my case, such as the locations, will obviously be hidden or identified with only one initial (Example: Mrs. W. or Mr. P).

Yours, Warmly
Ana Santos (as a social worker my name is Ana Martins)


PHOTOS OF ARTWORKS MADE BY MRS N. AND MYSELF:

 

 A collective artwork made by Mrs N., her daugther and myself. 


 

A collage made by Mrs N. and myself (inspired by Christmas, 2015)




              Automatic painting (Rorschach method) made by Mrs. N. and myself





 PHOTOS OF ARTWORKS MADE BY MRS W. AND MYSELF:



Mrs. W. did it alone. The family was so fascinated.




                          A collage-painting and a naturalist painting

            



                      Painting of a jar with flowers and a naturalist painting





                              Painting based on the rorschach method



 




TO BE CONTINUED.......(Very sorry)





Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário